Re: [epp-dev] Resigning as EPP Project Lead

A bit late, but I also want to express my respect and gratitude for all your work, Markus.

Thank you and best regards,

Wim

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 6:54 PM Frederic Gurr <frederic.gurr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Markus,

Thanks for all the work around EPP and the releases. We could not have
done it without you!

Regards,

Fred

On 14.01.20 19:38, Markus Knauer wrote:
> Dear Eclipse community
>
> More than a dozen years ago I started the EPP project [1], built and
> maintained the packages release by release, tried to fix endless
> dependency problems, survived respins and saw many build technologies
> come and go.
>
> The Eclipse community and the Open Source spirit have always motivated
> me, but also the close collaboration with the many open-minded, bright
> people in the Eclipse universe. Thank you all, I've learned so much from
> you!
>
> But reality caught up with me. For some time now I have not been working
> with the results of my own project every day, and I no longer have the
> time to push it forward.
>
> Therefore, I believe that it is only logical to give up my leadership
> role in the EPP project from now on. A tough decision for me.
>
> I will continue to be active in the community, of course I am open to
> technical questions and plan to continue to maintain my own RCP/RAP
> package for the foreseeable future.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Markus
>
> [1] https://www.eclipse.org/proposals/packaging/

Frederic Gurr
Release Engineer | Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH

Annastr. 46, D-64673 Zwingenberg
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 92821
Managing Directors: Ralph Mueller, Mike Milinkovich, Gaël Blondelle