Re: [epp-dev] unable to provide M5 build - config.a.jre.javase

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That being said, I found an issue after upgrading: JDT upgrades fine to
Photon M5 but content assist then fails with a NoSuchMethodError, as it
apparently doesn't work with an older Platform:

> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jface.internal.text.html.HTMLPrinter.insertPageProlog(Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;ILorg/eclipse/swt/graphics/RGB;Lorg/eclipse/swt/graphics/RGB;Ljava/lang/String;)V
>       at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.infoviews.JavadocView.doSetInput(JavadocView.java:941)
>       at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.infoviews.JavadocView.refresh(JavadocView.java:783)
>       at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.infoviews.JavadocView.setForeground(JavadocView.java:764)
>       at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.infoviews.AbstractInfoView.inititalizeColors(AbstractInfoView.java:396)
>       at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.infoviews.AbstractInfoView.createPartControl(AbstractInfoView.java:253)

Shouldn't the JDT upgrade have been prevented by p2 during "Check for
Upgrades"?

The Eclipse Platform Project doesn't guarantee as part of its "SLA" that combinations of different milestones are expected to work. However, it guarantees all bundles from the same build do work together and it handles semantic versioning (which is supposed to prevent that) between releases, not between milestones.

If you agree, I'll file a bug with JDT; they probably missed updating a version requirement somewhere.

You can file a bug, but I bet it will be marked as INVALID or WONTFIX or just be ignored for the reason mentioned above.

Back to the top