Re: [epp-dev] Renaming Eclipse EPP project into Eclipse IDE?

Hi

I find this very confusing. Is there more than one EPP?

For me EPP is: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.packaging

"The objectives of the Eclipse Packaging project are to

  • Create entry level downloads based on defined user profiles. The project defined and created the EPP downloads of Java Developer, Java EE Developer, C/C++ Developer and RCP Developer. These downloads are available from the main Eclipse download page.
  • Provide a platform that allows the creation of packages (zip/tar downloads) from an update site. The core technology of the project will enable the creation of download packages that are created by bundling Eclipse features from one or multiple Eclipse update sites."

This is very important, but from a user point of view very hidden and very boring.

Whereas IDE is about things you actually "I"nteract with.

Why would the EPP want to confuse users by claiming it was an IDE? The EPP is a Project that supports building Eclipse Packages (well Downloads/Platforms/Products might be better) but EPP seems like a good enough name.

    Regards

        Ed Willink