Re: [epp-dev] urgent: Oxygen.1a RC2

Good Morning Kaloyan,

let me explain you my thoughts about that...

If someone installs Java 9 and tries to start the old Oxygen.1 PHP package with this VM it won't start at all without modifications. To me, this alone seems to be a sufficient reason to roll out the upgrade for everyone as soon as possible.

Apart from that, if you do a comparison of the bundles contained in your package, you should only find some of them changed, e.g. the platform, maybe m2e, mpc bundles, depending of the content of your package. And all those bundles will be upgraded anyway as soon as the package searches for updates on its upstream p2 repositories within the next days. On the other hand, none of the other bundles, i.e the PDT bundles, should be touched by this update.

Does that help to mitigate your concerns about this release? I share your concerns about regressions, but I don't see any real alternatives than moving forward.

Regards,
Markus