Re: [epp-dev] Oxygen.1 RC4 available for testing

+1 for _javascript_ (Linux x64)

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 for Parallel. I'm fine with publishing RC4.

Greg

On Sep 15, 2017, at 11:10 AM, Markus Knauer <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+1 for RCP/RAP.

Has anyone any other opinion about releasing RC4?

Thanks,
Markus

On 15 September 2017 at 16:28, Cédric Brun <cedric.brun@xxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 for modeling

Le 15/09/2017 à 11:09, Markus Knauer a écrit :
Hi Package Maintainers,

this mail is about two topics...

First, there is a build available with all the Oxygen.1 RC4 packages at

  https://hudson.eclipse.org/packaging/job/oxygen.epp-tycho-build/349/artifact/org.eclipse.epp.packages/archive/

and the corresponding p2 repositories

  http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/oxygen/1.RC4/
  http://download.eclipse.org/staging/oxygen/

Thanks to the availability of a machine for Mac OS signing & dmg file creation, we could re-enable building for this platform!

As always, I'm asking for testing and +1 votes for this build.

Second, we never published the last release candidate (RC4) so far because this would mean releasing early. But this time we had so many problems during the RC phase, and if we were able to deliver at all, it was late and most of the time incomplete (i.e. no Mac OS packages). Because of that reason I'd be interested in your opinion whether we should made these RC4 packages available on the developers build tab of the download page in order to increase the chance to find potential issues before the final release date.

What do you think?

Thanks and regards,
Markus

Cédric Brun
CTO
+33 2 51 13 51 42
@bruncedric

7 Boulevard Ampère - Carquefou - France
obeo.fr | twitter | linkedin

###
EclipseSource Group
Telefon: +49 721 664733-0 (UTC +2)
Telefax: +49 721 66473329

http://eclipsesource.com

Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
Lammstrasse 21, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Mannheim HRB 107883