Re: [epp-dev] MAT in Java-based packages

On 08/24/2016 11:06 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
The dependencies aside, I found myself happier when using the MAT standalone download (rcp app) and giving it as much memory as possible. As I used to do a lot backend development, heap dumps where 4-16GB. It might be different for desktop apps. But I would not give my Eclipse IDE that much memory. ;)
How does MAT handle huge dumps? Does it crash the application with an OOM or gently says it's sorry and not able to process such big files without more memory?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top