[epp-dev] EPP RC4 Status

Hi Package Maintainers,

usually I would write my mail about which packages need to be tested urgently at about this time, but RC4 is always different compared to the other milestone and release candidate builds.

First, the RC4 packages and the corresponding p2 repository won't be made available tomorrow / Friday as this would be a early release of the final bits. That gives us a *little* more time to finish things up.

The second reason is that I'm 99 percent sure that we need to rebuild all packages as soon as the Simultaneous Release repo needs an update or some projects need to be removed. Wayne send around a mail with the projects that are candidates for removal because of missing paper work:

  https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg13249.html

If you happen to know a committer or the project lead of those projects, contact them and tell them that it is really, really urgent! Because our packages depend on the input of the Simultaneous Release, we may have to remove some feature from packages, or in a worst case scenario disable a package.

But... I have something available that I would call a pre-RC4 build that is ready for testing. I'm not asking for votes yet, but maybe you want something to test it early.

  https://hudson.eclipse.org/packaging/job/neon.epp-tycho-build/386/artifact/org.eclipse.epp.packages/archive/

As soon as I have more news I will inform again, or you can just watch our famous cross-project-issues-dev mailing list.

Thanks,
Markus

Back to the top