[epp-dev] epp-tycho-build.gerrit builds and consuming "staging" update site

Hi,

I have patchsets in mid-air to adapt the content of the Modeling package.
One of those includes a new feature which got introduced in the simrel repository post M6 [1].

Problem is the "promote to Staging" job has been disabled since then (see: https://hudson.eclipse.org/simrel/job/simrel.neon.promoteToStaging/) and I tend to recall (but I can't find the mail) that it was "by design for a specific purpose" but I'm not sure which.

Anyway this prevents me from getting "fresh content" into the package and I can't get my patchset in without staging being promoted in some way or I would break all the other packages builds.

That makes me wonder, should I do things differently ? And why not using https://hudson.eclipse.org/simrel/job/simrel.neon.runaggregator.BUILD__CLEAN/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/aggregation/final/ as the input to the epp-tycho-build.gerrit job ?

[1]: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/69892/
--

Cédric Brun
CTO