[epp-dev] forget old.download.eclipsesource.com ...

Hi all,

last week I've been working on a replacement for everything that used to be on the very old old.download.eclipsesource.com server. It's so old that it doesn't get any security updates any more. Many of you were using this server for providing user-related content via http, served from a special public_html directory in the user home directory.

- Serving public_html via http is now disabled on the old server.
- SSH access on the old server is now deprecated. I'm planing to disable it soon.

New SSH login: Whenever you were using old.download.eclipsesource.com or download.eclipsesource.com: login.eclipsesource.com is now your new friend. You should be able to login with your LDAP credentials with access to your old data.

New public_html via http: It's now being served by a new Apache httpd in another Docker container. Should work out of the box like the old one. You just need to remember to use login.eclipsesource.com when uploading new data.

@Holger: You still need to use the old server for your ssh-forwarding use cases.

@Gosia: You used to have an account on backend3 for uploading files to our download server. This account is now removed and has been replaced with your standard LDAP account on login.eclipsesource.com. Let me know if something isn't working for you.

@Eugen: I don't have a replacement for our private Git-repository sharing on the old server yet.

Thanks,
Markus

Back to the top