Re: [epp-dev] Oomph, Automated Error Reporting, and other changes for EPP Mars M5

On 22/01/2015 9:55 AM, Chuck Bridgham wrote:
but in considering these packages as the core building blocks of many products

I _think_ that what Chuck meant was different than the interpretation I've seen in several responses. I am pretty that he did not mean that people use the packages as the basis for a build which their complete product. But a lot of products are made available as plug-ins which are installed on top of an existing Eclipse package. Which means that the creators of such products will do their testing on top of a specific version of one or more specific packages.

That said, in my view the entire software industry is moving to a model of continuous improvement and continuous delivery. Those are now the expectations of most users, and certainly of most developers. We will need to figure out a way to improve upon the status quo in order to meet those expectations.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

EclipseCon