Re: [epp-dev] Adding a error log collector to Mars milestone builds?

We're still pretty far away from "good to go" :-(

For starters, I think that this is a good idea and I feel that it will add value. Before we can approve this, we need to do a proper legal review. That may be time consuming. Further, if we're going to put this into the packages, then we need to get the Webmaster team to take over responsibility for the server to ensure robustness.

Here's what we need to do.

1) Get buy-in from the Architecture and Planning Councils. I need a "yes, we'll use this" consensus. Conversely, if we get a "no, we won't use this" sort of response, then we're done. We have an AC call on Thursday; let's add this to the agenda. You'll have to contact the PC via the Technology project's representative (Chris A)

2) If we get AC/PC buy-in, Mike and I will discuss this with Janet to ensure that we're in good shape legally-speaking. I'll need a very specific workflow and description of exactly what we're going to capture for this conversation.

3) If we determine that this is legally sound, we'll roll this into the packages using the existing virtual server configuration with a commitment up to M5.

4) If after M5 is released we can demonstrate that that the functionality has actually been useful, we'll get Webmaster to take over responsibility for the server.

To be frank, if we can show that the Platform, JDT, and Web Tools teams have taken real value out of this, then we're in really good shape.

Does this make sense?

Wayne