Re: [epp-dev] What's the purpose of Eclipse Standard ?

On 07/08/2014 08:39 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
We've had a lot of discussion on that topic. There's no one right package to put at the top. And you can argue whether we have the right breakdown of packages to begin with.
So if there is no right package to put to the top, why is the Standard one actually on top, and separated from the other ones so that is looks recommended?
IMO, if you want to recommend nothing, then you put everything with a similar layout. Here it's not the case.

See for example how JetBrains lists its products: http://www.jetbrains.com/products.html . They all look equally important, it doesn't give the impression that the one on top of the list is recommended.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top