Re: [epp-dev] Kepler with Java 8 packages

I'll admit I know *nothing* about Java EE, except that I know JavaEE 8 is not available (it's not even a thing yet). Does it make sense to build the JavaEE Package with Java 8 support? Will this confuse people or is this still valuable?

Cheers,
Ian

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Of all Kepler packages, cpp, parallel, and testing packages do not include any of the three updated features. These packages will be automatically excluded. The rest, include at least one of these features and will be included unless the package maintainer opts out.

- Konstantin

From: epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Konstantin Komissarchik
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 11:46 AM
To: epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [epp-dev] Kepler with Java 8 packages

The Planning Council has approved creation of packages based on Kepler SR2 with Java 8 patches installed. Note that this is not a simrel/epp re-build, but just automation of steps that a user would go through with already-published patches. No work or sign-off is required from package maintainers.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/April_02_2014

The following will be applied to Kepler SR2 packages (where applicable):

1. JDT/PDE patch

2. WTP patch

3. m2e 1.4.1 release (1.4 is in Kepler SR2 and 1.4.1 is a special release to add Java 8 support)

Each package maintainer has an option to opt-out of this. You can do so by replying on this thread with the name of your package and a statement that you wish to opt-out. We are trying to move quickly on this, so the deadline to opt-out is by the end of this week.

Thanks,

- Konstantin