[epp-dev] Luna M6 packages - EclipseCon Release

Hi Package Maintainers,

the staging repository is ready and so are the packages...
Here are the (slightly changed) coordinates:

Package download from EPP HIPP Hudson, job 58, follow the 'Build Artifact' link and you'll find all packages again on one page:

  https://hudson.eclipse.org/packaging/job/luna.epp-tycho-build/58/

For update tests you'll need the following three URLs. I could successfully update my RCP/RAP package on Linux with them, but there's an issue with updates on Windows [1] that I see as a very critical issue. I'm not sure how to push this forward, but EclipseCon is probably a good oportunity.

  http://download.eclipse.org/releases/maintenance
  http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.4milestones
  https://hudson.eclipse.org/packaging/job/luna.epp-tycho-build/58/artifact/org.eclipse.epp.packages/archive/repository/

With M6 I improved a number of things in the packages and in the package builds, in addition to that I tried to update the packages with all changes from Eclipse Platform. The most important changes are:

- The packages are using the new Eclipse splash, logo, and icons, and an updated text in the About dialog. I updated this for all packages that were using the standard set of icons and not a modified version.

- I improved the version/build string in the About dialog. I hope this helps the users to identify better what they are using and which version they are using in case they want to report errors.

- I fixed an issue with the Mac OSX packages that didn't have the correct symbolic link in the tar.gz archive. I couldn't test this myself that's why I'd like you to test this. It would be good to get some kind of confirmation that it works because it was a larger change in the build than I'd expected it to be.

Now... please test and send your votes early enough to allow a release tomorrow/Friday.

Back to the top