Re: [epp-dev] Why does Java EE package include PDE ?

I'm pretty sure that changed. We have the Errors View without PDE.

From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, 8 October, 2013 12:01 PM
To: "epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [epp-dev] Why does Java EE package include PDE ?

On 10/08/2013 05:58 PM, Ian Bull wrote:
While this may have changed, the errors view (the view that shows errors in your log) was only available with the PDE installed. While this is certainly not a requirement for JEE development, this view certainly helps when plug-ins are misbehaving.
I guess it helps only people who feel easy with reading error messages and stacktraces from Eclipse plugins... So this also seems only useful for plugin developers and not relevant in the JEE use-case.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top