Re: [epp-dev] A few questions about Eclipse packages

See my answers below.

As a general note, these feature IDs in the packaging features are the top nodes of a dependency tree. There may be cases where a package pulls in a whole lot of other features including source features by adding just a simple 'sdk' feature to its list of dependencies.

It would be best for you to start one of the packages and look at the tree that can be found in 'Help' > 'About Eclipse' > 'Installation Details' > 'Installed Software' tab. This should give you a better feeling of the tree-like structure.

Thanks,
Markus