Re: [epp-dev] [ptp-dev] Parallel Package (Juno Win32) Error 'Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine' - on Windows

(Sorry, I've been away all afternoon and evening.)
Yes there's something about SR2 that makes the 2G setting for win32 not work any more.

I tend to agree with Markus in that an eclipse that won't even start is confusing for new users.
I think for win32 systems with a lesser amount of memory(?) that the error now means that using realistic-sized synchronized projects isn't going to work.
But I'd rather they see an out of memory exception when they need more, rather than the error we now have, and it won't start.

I think Markus' suggestion makes sense to try.  Wish it weren't so late in the cycle.
Can you build tomorrow first with this as you suggested please, Markus? Win 1G, others 2G. Thanks.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---02/13/2013 01:29:16 PM---The first thing most people do with the parallel package is tGreg Watson ---02/13/2013 01:29:16 PM---The first thing most people do with the parallel package is try to create a synchronized project. Un

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

02/13/2013 01:29 PM

Re: [epp-dev] [ptp-dev] Parallel Package (Juno Win32) Error 'Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine' - on Windows

    Sent by:

epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The first thing most people do with the parallel package is try to create a synchronized project. Unfortunately for a project of any reasonable size, this will require over 1G, hence the reason we chose 2G as the default. I would prefer that at least the linux and macosx packages remain at this level.

Greg