[epp-dev] Parallel Package (Juno Win32) Error 'Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine' - on Windows

Markus, we are seeing several win32 testers not being about to launch on WinXP win32 without bumping down the
eclipse.ini -XMX value
We didn't see this in the previous release (SR1)

I just bumped it down in epp.product from  the default -xmx 2048 to 1024, maybe we need 768, but i notice that cpp's is even lower, 512m.
Advice???
Lower might be safer so at least new users can bring it up.  an OutOfMemoryException later would lead you to increase it later, at lease.

What do you think?

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

----- Forwarded by Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM on 02/13/2013 10:47 AM -----

Christopher Navarro <cmnavarr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

02/13/2013 09:53 AM

Re: [ptp-dev] Error 'Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine' - on Windows

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I also commented on the bug, I can get it to run with 512m and 1024m for -Xmx, I think it's just a memory allocation request compared to what the machine actually has available. The default is 2048 (kinda high for a 32 bit machine which can only utilize 4gb max).

Chris