Re: [epp-dev] Parallel Package leverages CPP package

>And then I thought this morning that if we have the case with one package being a subset of another it could be easier to consume the feature that defines the other package than to manage another redundant list.
>In this case: If PTP has the same feature set as CPP plus some additional features, it could add org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.feature to its feature instead of keeping a redundant list of features itself.

We don't include *all* the cpp package features but almost all. I noted this in a ptp-dev post yesterday, http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ptp-dev/msg06293.html

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Doug Schaefer ---03/21/2012 10:51:11 AM---Yes, I forgot to add it to the b3 files. It's checked in noDoug Schaefer ---03/21/2012 10:51:11 AM---Yes, I forgot to add it to the b3 files. It's checked in now. Doug

Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx>

Eclipse Packaging Project <epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

03/21/2012 10:51 AM

Re: [epp-dev] Parallel Package leverages CPP package

    Sent by:

epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, I forgot to add it to the b3 files. It's checked in now.

Doug

Re: [epp-dev] Parallel Package leverages CPP package

For your information: Both, CPP and PTP package builds are failing due to some features (org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.fortran, org.eclipse.cdt.autotools) that are (currently? not yet?) available from /releases/staging.

And then I thought this morning that if we have the case with one package being a subset of another it could be easier to consume the feature that defines the other package than to manage another redundant list.
In this case: If PTP has the same feature set as CPP plus some additional features, it could add org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.feature to its feature instead of keeping a redundant list of features itself.

Regards,
Markus