Re: [epp-dev] Parallel Package leverages CPP package

Hey Beth,

The autotools feature in the parallel feature.xml should be changed to reference the new CDT one (org.eclipse.cdt.autotools). Other than that, everything else from linuxtools remains the same.

-- Jeff J.

On 03/20/2012 03:36 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Hey, Beth. The changes are already applied for Linux tools. I don't
think I need to change them any further at this point, at least for M6.

From: Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:21:13 -0400
To: Eclipse Packaging Project <epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [epp-dev] Parallel Package leverages CPP package

I was just going to update the Parallel package today too, Doug.

My original contents were CPP, plus some of Linux tools and of course
PTP and Photran.
I think I should get the new CPP list now.
Let me know when you are done.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Doug Schaefer ---03/20/2012 12:20:43 PM---Hey
gang, Looking through the changes Linuxtools made to thDoug Schaefer
---03/20/2012 12:20:43 PM---Hey gang, Looking through the changes
Linuxtools made to the CPP package to merge the two, I noticed

Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx <mailto:dschaefer@xxxxxxx>>

"epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>>,

03/20/2012 12:20 PM

[epp-dev] Include versus requires/import

    Sent by:

epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey gang,

Looking through the changes Linuxtools made to the CPP package to merge
the two, I noticed that they Include their features as opposed to add
them to the required section. I assume this was to allow for
optionality. Should we be including all our features this way? What's
the difference between include and require?

Thanks,
epp-dev mailing list
epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>