Re: [epp-dev] The way EPP packages are built

Hi,

expermenting a bit more with the product materialization with Tycho I'm kind of blocked (it might come from a p2 or tycho feature, I could not say)

The .product file describes which features should be included by the materialized product. Looking into the "installation details" tab from the materialized product I can see my product ID and all the features as children of this product, my guess is it's p2
langage to say those are "required by the product".

The problem I see is that from this state p2 will prevent any installation of an updated version of such a feature (like, for instance, coming from the marketplace). And that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid as we get high installation failure rates from the marketplace for features which are already installed in the epp bundle.

Is that possible to build a product using tycho not having such a requirement ? The result I would expect would be the same as launching p2 director instructions on top of an existing Eclipse SDK.

Are the "product builds" the right way to do that ?

Any hint would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Cédric