Re: [epp-dev] Indigo respin - RC5 EPP packages

> Bug 349464 - some surprising differences between RC4 and RC5

Turns out, most of these differences were expected, or didn't matter ... but, there were some "missing bundles" that were a result of Gyrex not being in the repository at the time the packages were created. For this reason (or, this general type of reason) I think the packages should be regenerated, once the repository is final. That's my opinion. Others welcome. Here's the wordy post I added to bug 349267 .

= = = = =

For what its worth ... just to show how there can be indirect effects of the
"content of the repo" on EPP package builds ... I've discovered some bundles
(listed below) are not in our EPP packages ... at least JEE and _javascript_, and
that they are contributed by Gyrex (which had no contribution in the repo, at
the time the packages were built).

So, someone somewhere must have an optional dependency on them, so the current
behavior of p2 (and repo publishing) is to include all optional bundles it
finds in a repository (whether required by a feature, or not).

Hence, I think best to respin the EPP packages once final repository is ready.

> org.apache.lucene.highlighter_2.9.1.v20100421-0704.jar
> org.apache.lucene.memory_2.9.1.v20100421-0704.jar
> org.apache.lucene.misc_2.9.1.v20100421-0704.jar
> org.apache.lucene.queries_2.9.1.v20100421-0704.jar
> org.apache.lucene.snowball_2.9.1.v20100421-0704.jar
> org.apache.lucene.spellchecker_2.9.1.v20100421-0704.jar

I've no idea what function these bundles provide ... but since users will have
them installed if installing from the repo, I think the EPP packages should
have them too. Sound right?

I've seen some unexpected changes in the JEE and JS packages ... are others seeing similar changes?

Bug 349464 - some surprising differences between RC4 and RC5

As far as I tell, everything still "works" ... presumably better, now with file handle fix :) ... but .... some differences seem odd, so thought it'd be best to discuss.