[epp-dev] Skype / Linux

I was thinking about dropping my Skype account when I heard that Microsoft bought this proprietary closed software that gets bigger and worse with every version. Today my Ubuntu decided to upgrade my Skype to the latest available Linux version, unfortunately this one starts, logs into the Skype networks and crashes immediately without any meaningful error message. I think that's another good reason to leave the Skype network.

Do we know alternatives? Can we switch to Google talks which is based on an open Internet protocol?

Regards, Markus

Back to the top