Re: [epp-dev] Time to retire the UDC?

Hi Wayne,

On 20 May 2011 21:40, Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, attracting additional committers to the project won't
solve the problem. Ultimately, it's the huge volume of data that the
main problem. Privacy concerns prevent us from making this data widely
available, and careful dissemination to individuals has proven fruitless.

We started using UDC internally recently.  Having removed the anonymization functionality, we can quickly collect and collate the exceptions and errors logged from hundreds of user workspaces.  It means we can resolve issues and monitor problems before users become aware that there's an issue...

I suspect the data deluge / privacy issues may not be appropriate for eclipse.org.  However the general principle of an eclipse data collector is still good and useful for downstream enterprise integrators who are looking to improve the quality and consistency of a deployed product.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top