[epp-dev] EPP builds and planning for M6

Hi *,

in addition to the EclipseCon tutorials, talks, etc. that need to be prepared until next week, there is Indigo M6 that needs to be delivered in time. Please read on since this is somehow important...

(1) Status of Indigo EPP packages: Over the weekend I was able to build all packages and I already received some changes and patches for the packages. I cannot stress it enough... the sooner you test your packages and the sooner we can fix bugs, the better for all of us. http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/indigo/download/ contains always a list with the last EPP builds.

(2) M6 schedule: At least two things can happen: (a) All packages are ready by Thursday evening (UTC, not PDT), then chances are good that we can release on Friday if we get +1's for all packages. (b) If we need a rebuild on Friday, I will be on a plane to EclipseCon and not be able to prepare the release or fix any errors. In that case I would delay the release of the packages until Saturday/Sunday. I talked to Nathan and he would be willing to enable the packages on the download page on Saturday or Sunday, given that everything is ready until then.

I know you are busy but please try to find some time for early testing this week.

Many thanks and regards, Markus

Back to the top