[epp-dev] Helios RC5 or the Final Build...

Hi package maintainers,

I've never seen an EPP build finishing so fast. This time it took only 3.5 hours. Compared to 7 to 8 hours that's quite fast. It looks like there is no I/O on build.eclipse.org that causes CPU wait cycles. Anyway, I'd like to ask you to test and to vote for build

  http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/36/download/20100617-1424/

Currently it is called "RC5", but if there are no Helios rebuilds in the next few days, this is the final build of the EPP packages that is going to be released next week!
That being said, I won't upload it to the Eclipse mirror servers, it won't be available as a "release candidate" tomorrow, but please test as soon as you can and send your vote! If we need to rebuild the packages, I will ask again for testing and for your votes.

If you are testing update/upgrade scenarios, here are the repository URLs:

- Helios: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging/
- Eclipse Platform RC4a: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.6-I-builds/I20100608-0911
- EPP repository: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/helios/RC5.205

If there are any questions, please ask here on the mailing list.

Thanks and regards,
Markus

Back to the top