[epp-dev] Helios packages - builds available for M4

Hi package maintainers,

there is a build available for Helios M4 with all the packages except the modeling one which has some unresolved dependencies because there are some features missing in the upstream Helios p2 repository.

See http://www.eclipse.org/epp/download.php - build 20091217-0920

Please do some sanity testing on this build and report if there are serious errors as soon as possible or if everything is fine. If it is a no-go for your package then I have only one alternative: Remove it from the list of download packages.

The Helios schedule is quite tight... actually, it means that there is only a very short time slice between the Helios repository build and the "final" EPP package build, i.e. the repo should be available Wednesdays, the EPP packages on Thursday to give them enough time to be copied to the Eclipse mirrors and to make them available on Friday. That means that with the next milestone M5 we need more testing during the release week, otherwise we do not have many possibilities to rebuild the packages.

For now (M4):
Today/Thursday - EPP packages available for testing and copied to the download area
Tomorrow/Friday - packages available (or not...)

In the future (M5...):
Monday-Wednesday - continuous package builds available for testing
Thursday - final package build, final testing, and *final approval*
Friday - release of the packages

Regards,
Markus

Back to the top