Re: [epp-dev] A new EPP SOA package

Title: Re: [epp-dev] A new EPP SOA package
Markus,
be assured we only intend to use components that are available from the Galileo SR1 p2 repository.

Regards,
Zsolt

Am 24.08.09 17:02 schrieb "Markus Knauer" unter <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi *,

just for my understanding: Is the content that you would like to have in this package already available from the Galileo p2 repository? Or from the Galileo SR1 p2 repository?

And for everybody else's understanding: Yes, I think there are many good reasons to align the EPP packages with the yearly release train.

First, it is the level of quality. Everything that is available from a release train is tested, works together (at least it should work together), has its IP approved, etc. and in the end, there is exactly *one* p2 repository that serves as input for the EPP package build. Especially the last fact is important for EPP, because everything else makes building packages overly complex and a nightmare.

Second, ... okay, I could go on to write up additional reasons or point to the mail archive where I've already written down many of them. ;-)

So back to my opening question: Where is your content? Is it already available from the Galileo p2 repository? If so this *could* change the situation.

Regards, Markus