RE: [epp-dev] RC2 build available for testing

+1 for PHP package,

From: epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Markus Knauer
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 2:05 PM
To: EPP Developer Mailing List
Subject: [epp-dev] RC2 build available for testing

Hi package maintainers,

now we have a new build of the packages available

  http://www.eclipse.org/epp/download.php
  Version: 20090529-0520

Could you please test the packages and send me your +1/-1 until Saturday, 30th May, 10am EST?

Some things to know about it:

- Mac OSX builds: You will find out that there are two Mac OSX packages on the download page. One for cocoa, the other one for carbon. There were too many requests for the carbon build and we decided to provide a build for this platform again.
- Version: 1.2.0 for all packages
- Naming: "Eclipse" for all packages, but my intention is to rename the 'product' back to something like "EPP Java IDE". The name of the application in the plugin.xml should not be changed.
- Branding: Not yet completed... and there is an issue with the splashscreen which is always the Platform splash. I'll work on that problem but don't think it is worth waiting for that with the RC2 release. The same is valid for the Welcome Screen.
- Updating: I tried to upgrade the RCP package from RC1 to RC2 and it worked. If you want to test it for yourself, you need to add the repositories http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/galileo/milestones/ (EPP) and http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.5milestones/ (Platform Milestones) manually.

Regards, Markus

Back to the top