Re: [epp-dev] RC2 build available for testing

2009/5/29 David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>

> - Naming: "Eclipse" for all packages, but my intention is to rename
> the 'product' back to something like "EPP Java IDE". The name of the
> application in the plugin.xml should not be changed.

Speaking of naming ... a slightly different 'name' ... instead of ids with

'product' in it, should that be something like 'ide' instead?
So instead of
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
use
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.ide
Just seems like 'product' is kind of an emotionally charged word around
Eclipse?

I don't want to nit pick but just thought now would be the time to change
it if anyone agreed.

Thanks for spotting the 'product'. It must be a left-over from the time when I started to experiment with the package definitions.

Or 'package' instead of 'product'?

Then we would have

epp.package.jee -> ID of the top-level IU which is defined in epp.product
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.feature -> ID of the feature
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee -> ID of the plugin
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.package -> ID of the 'product'

+1 for this change... I can do that for all packages next week for RC3 if nobody complains.

Regards, Markus

Back to the top