Re: [epp-dev] Re: Galileo package testing

On 3/23/2009 1:51 PM, Markus Knauer wrote:
I had a discussion here about the mac packages. The outcome of this
discussion is: Most people do *not* want carbon.ppc any more and would
prefer macosx.cocoa.x86 for a package download.

What I did...
[1] I started a new build that builds macosx.cocoa.x86 instead of the
old macosx.carbon.ppc packages.
[2] I included a workaround for the missing linux-x86_64 CPP package

So, what's your thinking about this change in the mac packages? Dropping
the old one and using the macosx.cocoa.x86 packages only?

I think that is a fine choice. It has been a couple of years (I think) since Apple started focusing on Intel instead of PPC; frthermore, I'm pretty sure the SWT team is anxious to get the Cocoa implementation in front of people ASAP (it's been one of the most-requested features from users for a long time).

Eric

Back to the top