[epp-dev] EPP planning update for Galileo

Hi *,

we are putting a plan together to create the EPP packages for Galileo. This is just an update of our current plans; we will provide updates as we get closer to M5.

This year we are going to change to use p2 to build the packages. We will also be changing how the packages are defined to use the PDE product file format. The plan is to have both these changes done and an initial build completed by EPP M5.

Like last year, we will rely upon the committer community to define and test the packages. Committers will have the opportunity to declare that they want to define a package that is created by EPP.  In mid-February we will send out the instructions on how committers can make this happen.

The schedule for defining packages is as follow:

M6  (March 6)  - The list of packages and package owners for Galileo is finalized.   This does not mean the actual package definition is finalized, just the intention that a package is going to be created. The first builds of the EPP packages will also be done at M6.

M7 (May 8) – All packages are defined and building

RC 1 (May 21) – Package definitions are frozen

We will provide additional details on the steps to create packages in mid-February.  We want to complete the changes to the build system before finalizing these details.   Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, Markus

--
Markus Knauer
EclipseSource

Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
Stephanienstrasse 20, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Mannheim HRB 107883

Back to the top