RE: [epp-dev] create package to epp and Galileo

I don’t know of any guidelines for the number of packages.  If we get to too many, I would suggest we provide a better filtering mechanism to make it easier to find the package relevant to you.

From: epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff McAffer
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:38 PM
To: Eclipse Packaging Project
Subject: Re: [epp-dev] create package to epp and Galileo

Is there an EPP roadmap/guideline for how many packages there should be?  I'm not opposed to any particular package but one of the things that EPP was setup to counter was the complexity of consuming Eclipse.  By having N (where N > say 6) different packages it gets quite hard for people to decide what they want/need.

Jeff

Ian Skerrett wrote:

Roy,

Markus and I were basically running the process for creating packages for the Ganymede release.  We need to put in place plans for the Galileo release.  Without speaking for Markus, I think they will be very similar to what is written on the wiki but let me discuss this with Markus.

Bottom line, I think it would be fantastic to have a PHP package, so I will be happy to help you make it happen.  I hope we can respond in the next 1-2 weeks with a more definitive answer.

Ian