Re: [epp-dev] Problems with "EPP/How to build a package locally", Help needed

Hi Jay,

generally it is a good idea to start the build with the '-consoleLog'
parameter. That way you can see more details in the build, i.e. errors,
exceptions, configuration problems, wrong dependencies, etc.

Going through your config file I found some things that are suspicious:

(1)  <rcp version="3.4M4" />
This 'version' attribute is used to build the filename of the platform archive
that you are using as a basis. If you are using
eclipse-platform-3.4.1-win32.zip this should be version="3.4.1".

(2) <updateSite url="http://quantum.sourceforge.net/update-site "/>
You probably need have more external dependencies... so you need more update
sites, at least you should add the Eclipse Platform update site <updateSite
url="http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.4/"; />)

(3) <requiredFeatures>
At least this here needs to be added:
    <feature
      id="org.eclipse.platform"
      version="latest">
    </feature>
But I have to admit that finding the dependencies (*all* of them) is the
hardest part of it. Sometimes it helps to use the Update Manager and to
install the things manually, just to see if there is something missing or
something required not available.

Let me know if you have success with these changes and/or send me the output
of your build.

Regards,
Markus

--