Re: [epp-dev] Ganymede Packaging Builds ok now?

On Friday 12 September 2008, David M Williams wrote:
> They looked like they were completely at least? (I haven't tried to run it
> yet).

I haven't tried to run them either... but the build seems to be okay now.
The problem was really the RAR archive in the .jar file that caused all those
failures. Every build of a package that contains this file was failing,
interestingly all of them reported different error messages.

Okay, but here we go:

(1) BUILD 20080911-0820 -
http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/34/download/20080911-0820/index.html

This build is based on Eclipse Platform 3.4.1 RC1 and the content of the
Ganymede Staging update site yesterday. From my point of view I does not make
too much sense to test and to release this build, because it is already days
behind the original schedule for Ganymede SR1 RC1.

(2) BUILD 20080911-1340 -
http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/34/download/20080911-1340/index.html

I would like to concentrate on Ganymede SR1 RC2 instead and this is what I
have done with the (2) build. I've update the configurations to pick up
Eclipse Platform 3.4.1RC2 (not RC1) and this build (and later builds when the
Ganymede update site changes) should be tested and ready for the RC2 date
next week.

* I will do my smoke tests with the build (2)
* I will send out some patches containing the config file updates
* I will watch the Ganymede update site builds and trigger an EPP rebuild if
this happens
* We need to do some final testing on Monday and a decision about the quality
of the RC2 packages

Thanks and regards,
Markus

Back to the top