Re: [epp-dev] testing package builds

These were added late in the process (RC4 timeframe), and I guess I misunderstood the EPP process in needing to explicitly tell folks to add new features rather than simply uploading things to the update site. The workaround in this case is to do an update from the Ganymede site once JEE is installed to pick up the missing features.

And yes, I agree that this doesn't really qualify as a "stop ship" problem. More of an "oh sh**t" problem.

I will create a BZ entry for the JEE package.

Thanks. Sorry we missed this earlier.

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Senior Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/23/2008 06:38 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Packaging Project <epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Packaging Project <epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [epp-dev] testing package builds

> We need all of the User Documentation Features and the Intro as well as the documentation plug-in.
> Can we add that to our package definition?

Brian, thanks for testing the JEE package,

Yes, I can add them, but not tonight.
I'm not sure this qualifies as a "stop ship" problem ... granted, it's bad, but not quite stop ship,
especially since, as far as I can tell, it has been this way all along? That is, doesn't appear to be a regression.

I checked back as far as the 6/8 EPP Package build, and it had 26  datatools features, as does the current, final package.

Am I seeing (or counting) things wrong? Is this a regression from before 6/8? Or has it been incorrect all along.

I suggest opening a bug report with the features that _should_ be included, and we'll fix in maintenance release.
If you think it's a recent regression, please provide the relevant information that illustrates that.

Thanks again,