[epp-dev] Extending the EPP Package Configuration File.

Afternoon all,

You may have been hearing some chatter on this list about a Drupal Packaging Site.  I've been working on prototyping an Eclipse Community Packages site that will appear on Eclipse.org as part of the download section.  The idea with this site is to gather all of the information for the EPP packages created by both the project and other package maintainers.

Ideally this site won't require any of the maintainers to login and change details of the project every time the package is updated.  Therefore the hope of this discussion is to come to an agreement on using the EPP Package Configuration file to allow the package maintainer to include certain fields that would be consumed by this new Packaging site.   This way we keep the maintenance of the package meta-data all in one spot easing the burden on the package maintainers.

Here's a listing of the fields that I've included in my prototype.  These fields are subject to change and if I'm missing anything please feel free to offer your suggestions.  Also note that some of the fields listed might already be apart of the configuration file.

-Package Name

-Package Download URLs (Should ideally be autogenerated) -Package Download Counts (Per Platform) -Abstract (Basically a plain text description of the package) -Feature List (A full listing of the features included in the package) -Package Maintainer -List of Package Testers -Testing Plan URL -Bugzilla URL for the package

Nathan Gervais - nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Web Developer

The Eclipse Foundation

Nathan Gervais - nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx