Re: [epp-dev] RE: [eclipse.org-committers] Creating Eclipse Packages

On Friday 25 January 2008 22:30, Ian Skerrett wrote:
> 1.	Are there any rules on the names of the packages and/or the
> descriptions?
>
> We should have consistent naming conventions.  I know Markus has started
> one but it is something we need to document.

Yes, there was a bug some time ago (#191449) that contains the discussion
about the filenames that were used with the Europa release.
I like a consistent naming scheme, but I'm open if someone comes up with a new
idea. Please open another bug if you think we should discuss it.

> 2.	Can we change the names, descriptions & contents of these packages
> in upcoming milestones?
>
> We will need to agree to a cut off date when everything is frozen but for
> now I think we should expect these things will change.

Two more general answers here:

First, we should *not* change the feature set that is included in a package
during the year without a very (!) good reason. E.g. all Europa package
builds (Europa, Europa Fall, Europa Winter) will contain the same feature
set.

Second, and that should answer your question: Sure, the names, descriptions &
contents of these packages will be subject to change, but we need the 'cut
off date' mentioned by Ian above.
It is not yet fixed, but I would vote for M6 (EPP: Apr 11) because this is the
date of the 'API freeze'. Or is this too early?

Markus

--
Markus Knauer
INNOOPRACT Informationssysteme GmbH

According to Section 80 of the German Corporation Act
Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH must indicate the following information:
Address: Stephanienstrasse 20, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause, Eric von der Heyden
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Karlsruhe HRB 7883