Re: [epl-discuss] GPL compatibility

I would also point out that in my mind an existing Eclipse project licensed under the EPL 1.0 would have a difficult task ahead of them if they want to become GPL-compatible under the EPL 2.0. They would need to seek the approval of all of their past contributors in order to make it possible. We would have to ensure that the drafting reflects that.

OK, I didn’t realize this was going to be the case. Can you clarify how existing projects will move to EPL 2.0 or do you see most existing projects staying with EPL 1.0.

Back to the top