Re: [epl-discuss] GPL compatibility

Richard's summary of MPL 2 is essentially correct. I'd be happy to discuss in more detail as necessary.

That said, I would suggest waiting to deal with this issue. The structure of the solution adopted in MPL 2 was driven largely by specific positions taken by FSF at the time as to the meaning of compatibility. Judging by what they are reportedly telling Creative Commons in discussions around compatibility between CC 4.0 and GPL, it's possible some of those assumptions no longer hold on FSF's part and a simplified approach to compatibility may be possible. But you may have to wait until CC/FSF discussions are done to understand the situation.

Luis