Re: [epl-discuss] Concrete suggestions for changes to the EPL

On 19/03/2015 10:09 AM, John Arthorne wrote:
1) module - The meaning of module varies with technology. Some languages have several granularities of modularity (class, package, bundle, etc). Something like "source file" would be much clearer across technologies

Agreed. Replacing "module" with "file" was also on our list.

2) object code - This has no meaning for dynamic/interpreted languages. The MPL language of "Source Code Form" and "Executable Form" are more technology neutral and are easier to interpret in the context of interpreted programming languages. I also like how MPL clearly defines these terms, and their FAQ gives examples on how to interpret it for _javascript_ in particular (Q16 in https://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/FAQ.html).

We could certainly add this to the list of topics.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top