[epf-dev] EPF Call - 10/11/2012 - Meeting Minutes

EPF Call - 10/11/2012
Meeting Minutes

Participants: Razvan Gliga, Gunter Seidl, Bruce MacIsaac, Chris Armstrong, Ricardo Balduino
1- Update on current release work: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=technology.epf
Release planned for 12/10/12. Mostly minor bug fixes on the tool and content sides.

2- Eclipse.org mandate to migrate source control from CVS to Git
We need to migrate the EPF website, tool source code and content repositories from CVS to Git by end of December. We need a Bugzilla item to capture that work.
If there is a need for EPF Composer to natively support Git (for parallel development of code and content) please raise an Enhancement Request on Bugzilla

3- SEMAT work update
Bruce provided an update on SEMAT (from his participation).
SEMAT's "Essence" submission is almost ready for submission. OMG will likely approve it, with mapping to SPEM as a finalization activity.
Having 2 standards in this space is not ideal -  anyone interested in aligning these standards please contact Bruce MacIsaac or reply to this email.

4- Brainstorming on roadmap for next year
Bruce proposed that we focus on building the community.
One starting point is to identify people and companies using EPF. Can we survey who is using it, before they download the tool or content? Probably not, but we could ask Eclipse org.
One idea is to create a user mailing list, which we can use to announce news, including webinars, enablement sessions, and new releases.
Building up such a list is a challenge - one idea is to encourage users to register.

Chris Armstrong suggested adding a "registration" page as landing page for our published sites (OpenUP, etc) and also to the EPFC tool.  Bruce suggested could also include a feed that includes EPF news.
Action: Bruce to add bugzillas for the next EPF release.

5- Other topics
Chris Armstrong to release new TOGAF content using EPF; he's willing to present a webinar to this community on Dec 6, 8AM PST.
Action: Ricardo to get abstract and bio from Chris A.
Proposed follow on webinar for early 2013 - what's new in latest RMC release.

Back to the top