Re: [epf-dev] EPF meeting reminder - new version of OpenUP

In this Thursday's meeting I will be presenting new practices contributed by Colin O'Neill, newly incorporated into OpenUP.

1. Documentation and Training
2. Production Release.

I have incorporated these practices into the OpenUP delivery process.  I have also incorporated the practice Project Process Tailoring
into the OpenUP delivery process.

In doing this, I have made the following changes to OpenUP:
1. Revised the capability patterns and delivery process to include
the practices.
2. Deleted redundant copy of activity "Identify and Refine Requirements"
3. Updated "planned flags" in OpenUP delivery process.
4. Structured the roles into sets, and changed the OpenUP view to display role sets.

Still to be done is updating the All EPF Practices configuration and checking these changes into CVS.

You can get the latest version of the published site here.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EPF/DeploymentPractices

I will post the next version to EPF Wiki, replacing the version of OpenUP that is there - if everyone agrees that is fine.

Colin - I also made the following changes compared with your submission:

1. Renamed elements to conform with authoring conventions.

2. I had outlining deployment plan in Elaboration, developing support materials in construction, and release in transition - rather than
do all this in transition.

3. Redid the assign plug-ins (plug-in dependencies were mixed up).

4. Removed "development team member"
I used developer (which you contributed to anyways).  I deleted your text.  This may be worth discussing.

5. Used Deployment standard categories in place of the new disciplines you introduced.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Issues:

1. This makes openup quite a bit bigger (more roles, work products, etc..  Any concerns with that?

2. Deployment engineer plans deployment.  Should we have a deployment manager?

3. Other?

Bruce MacIsaac
EPF Project Co-Lead
bmacisaa@xxxxxxxxxx