[epf-dev] Discussions on new FACESEM process standard heats up

Note that today is the last day to register as a voting member on FACESEM.
If you are interested in being a voting member, contact:
Juergen Boldt <juergen@xxxxxxx>,
Tel:  781 444 0404 x 132
fax:  781 444 0320

The RFP is here:
http://www.omg.org/techprocess/meetings/schedule/FACESEM_RFP.html

Submission from SEMAT is here:

http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/2012-02-04

Submission from Softeam (based on ISO standard) is here:

http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/2012-02-05

Submission from Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico is here (in two parts - one being a zipfile of other files):
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/2012-02-06
and
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/2012-02-07

I have only reviewed the SEMAT submission thus far.  My position is that the kernel, and the concept of alpha states, is a good idea, but
that creating a new language to define the kernel is not.

I've attached my thoughts on that.

I would appreciate others reviewing these submissions and sharing your thoughts.

Bruce MacIsaac
EPF Project Co-lead
bmacisaa@xxxxxxxxxx
408-250-3037 (cell)