RMC has support for workspace method libraries, I think this feature was added just for this reason, to improve scalability. The way to do it with EPF is I think to use export and import of plug-ins of process content. Plug-ins can be locked. So it is possible to developed them in one library and use them (read-only) in another. Depending on the situation this can be enough. For example how often you need to integrate. When you want to integrate often it will be cumbersome. I don't have specific ideas on how to improve on it. Might be hard to do. In EPF in library.xmi ties everything together. When you use the workspace method libraries there is no single library.xmi file. That looks like a nice approach, unfortunately not possible with EPF.
Cheers,
Onno

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Allen, John <John.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Onno,

Do you have any views on the best way to limit the changes to the shared files when you're managing an internal process library consisting of multiple practices etc.

For instance might it be better to actually consider the individual practices as separate configuration management items, maintained in separate areas, and imported into the real EPF environment when the developer is working on them, before plugin export-ing them back into their own VCS area when finished.

i.e. don't try and maintain a fully integrated process library in the VCS system but rather assemble the library at publish time by importing the various parts

How does IBM go about making this work at scale?

Thanks,

John

From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Onno van der Straaten
Sent: 20 January 2012 19:02
To: Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List
Subject: Re: [epf-dev] EPFC version control with Perforce

Hi Matt,
There is Eclipse plugin for perforce it seems. See http://www.perforce.com/product/components/eclipse_plugin. I think this could be what you are looking for. In a similar way you can use EPFC with Git or Subversion. See for example the discussion about Git now some time ago http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg03635.html.
HTH,
Onno