Re: [epf-dev] OMG, SPEM, SEMAT, and EPF

Bruce, seems like things got a little better for leveraging SPEM. Do we know anything about what submission teams are being formed and if we need to form a separate one?

Thanks, Chris ~:|

From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bruce Macisaac
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 11:25 AM
To: Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List
Subject: Re: [epf-dev] OMG, SPEM, SEMAT, and EPF

After some revisions, the OMG voted to accept the RFP, now called "A Foundation for the Agile Creation and Enactment of Software Engineering Methods".

The final version of the RFP doesn't insist on updating SPEM, but neither does it preclude it, as did the earlier versions.
Also the RFP now explicitly asks for elements from SPEM to be used, and to provide guidelines for migration from SPEM-based practices and methods.  See the paragraphs below:

 6.5.2.1.5   SPEM 2.0 metamodel reuse

Proposals shall reuse elements of the SPEM 2.0 metamodel where appropriate. Where an apparently appropriate concept is not reused, proposals shall document the reason for creating substitute model elements.

6.5.3.2   Existing Practices and Methods

Respondents shall provide a guideline for how existing SPEM-based practices and methods, and possibly other representations, can be migrated to the new proposed specification.

6.7         Issues to be discussed

b.   Submissions not based on SPEM 2.0 should discuss why they did not use SPEM and clearly describe and demonstrate the main differentiators.

We now need to decide whether or not to submit a response to this RFP.

Bruce MacIsaac
Manager RMC Method Content
bmacisaa@xxxxxxxxxx
408-250-3037 (cell)