[epf-dev] Bug with EPF Composer + Opera

There is a bug that prevents an Opera browser from accessing a site published by EPF Composer. Software versions are Opera 10.63 and EPF Composer 1.5.0.4.

The index.html redirects the Opera browser to ./applet/browser.htm, which does not exist.

The applied solution was to replace

if((navigator.appName == "Netscape" && parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4 ) ||

by

if((navigator.appName == "Opera") || (navigator.appName == "Netscape" && parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4 ) ||

in the plugins/org.eclipse.epf.publishing_1.5.0.v20090831--1228/xsl/index.xsl file.

Note that I am not an EPF Composer developer. I am just a user that found a problem and solved it in his own EPF Composer installation.

If that solution is fine though, maybe you will want to use it in the next EPF Composer version.

--
[]s
Alisson Wilker

"The success depends on three elements: courage, knowledge and opportunity. Therefore, be bold and get ready. Because the opportunity... that will come!" (Alisson Wilker)

"Success is being able to do and know things that just a few people around you did or knew by means of your responsible effort." (Alisson Wilker)

Back to the top