Re: [epf-dev] How to change registered users preferences

Hi John,
There a two kinds of notification preferences. There is the immediate, daily, weekly, monthly notification setting. This you can change as admin, I checked at http://epf.eclipse.org just to be sure. The other kind are notifications that are associated with a specific page. The idea is that if you participate in a discussion about a specific page you also want to be notified of comments made by other users. So if you comment on a page default you will receive notifications when other users comment on the same page. The user can turn this off but the admin can not I think. The user can turn it off on the discussion page btw, not the profile page. I'll take note of this as an possible future enhancement. I think what you want is ability to disable an account.

As a workaround you could do the following (assuming you are using Linux):

  1. Logon to app server using SSH and navigate to EPF Wiki app folder
Execute the following commands in terminal window:
  1. export RAILS_ENV=production
  2. ruby script/console
  3. u = User.find_by_email('user@xxxxxxxxxx')
  4. u.notifications.destroy_all # this will destroy all page notifications
  5. u.notify_daily = 0
  6. u.notify_weekly = 0
  7. u.notify_monthly = 0
  8. u.notify_immediate = 0
  9. u.save
If you have to do this often you can consider creating a script that accepts email as a parameter and that will execute this command on the server using SSH.
Best Regards,
Onno