[epf-dev] Notes from EPF meeting (3/10)

Participants: Bob Palank, Onno van der Straaten, Collin O'Neil, Bruce MacIsaac, Jas Madhur, Rick Murphy, Gunter Seidel, Ricardo Balduino

1. Status update on the upcoming release
- Scrum/Lean - group of 3 people working on evolving content; version planned for next release
- Copyediting - IBM providing it for translation purposes
- Bugzillas [1] - please visit the Bugzilla items to provide comments or sign up to do some of the work

2. Translation-ware - Onno reported no changes since last time; we need to run a Proof of Concept and need volunteers to run a it

3. EPF Composer - minor defects being fixed. Main new feature is support for refactoring, moving elements from one plug-in to another without losing reference. Also will now be able to move custom categories from one plug-in to another.

4. Webinars
- Good feedback on the format. Carson did a great presentation. Around 20 people joined - great discussion at the end.
- For future sessions it was suggested that presenter would discuss business benefits of solution/effort
- Also clarify the target audience for next webinars to outreach correct audience
- Potential future topic: new SWEBOK version coming out later 2011/early 2012.  Action: Bob Palank is following it... He will try to get a speaker on the topic.

Note: if you missed the webinar, you can find a link to the recording from this page: http://www.eclipse.org/epf/community/outreach.php

5. SEMAT alignment - SEMAT will be moving to OMG - anything EPF can benefit from? No further discussion from participants at this time. We need to revisit this topic in case there is interest.

6. Soliciting feedback - everyone invited to send Bruce an email with customer (or industry, in case customer name can't be mentioned) using EPFC tool or content. We want to advertise it on website, similar to what IBM did with RMC on devWorks (we could leverage Eclipse's org wiki)

- Rick Murphy had questions about outreach: what are the requirements for publishing a reference delivery process under EPF? Bruce replied that work as part of epf can be posted by committers; contributors can send material to committers or attach to Bugzilla, and Eclipse legal will review it; EPF community can be leveraged to create material
- to become committer, one needs to actively participate in the project via joining calls, discussing Bugzilla items, contributing content or tool code.
- point of contact in epf to answer question about eclipse governance

- Gunter Seidel suggested that specific questions should be asked and we should categorize the responses so we have consistent presentation of the feedback provided ( we could use doodle.com / surveymonkey to ask specific questions to the community)

- Bob Palank to send suggestions for OpenUP: feature driven dev (original author not interested); Action: Bob looking into expanding OpenUP material around estimating - he will create Bugzilla item to capture initial ideas and start discussion.

[1]
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?classification=Technology&component=Content&product=EPF&query_format=advanced&target_milestone=1.5.1.2%20M1&target_milestone=1.5.1.2%20M2&target_milestone=1.5.1.2%20M3&target_milestone=1.5.1.2%20M4&target_milestone=1.5.1.2%20M5&target_milestone=1.5.1.2%20M6&order=assigned_to%2Ctarget_milestone%2Cbug_status%2Cbug_id

Ricardo / Bruce
EPF co-leads