From:        Onno van der Straaten <onno.van.der.straaten@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        02/08/2011 03:03 AM
Subject:        Re: [epf-dev] Will Git be supported for version control?
Sent by:        epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

It has been some time ago I last did this so I thought I best check the status first before giving you any instructions on how this can be achieved.

As it turns out EPF 1.5.1.1 is based on an pretty old version of the Eclipse platform, I never expected it to be based on the most recent version but as it turns out it is based on a 'archived' Eclipse version. It is not based on Eclipse Helios (3.6), Eclipse Galileo (3.5), Eclipse Ganymede (3.4)  but on version 3.3.2.

GIT is fairly new so we can be sure that Eclipse GIT plugins will not be available for 3.3.2.

Upgrading EPF to 3.6 should be a priority I think. It is not part of any EPF release plan currently? There are two things I would very much like to see happen with EPF: 1) make EPF available as a Eclipse plugin so it can be easily installed into/added to an existing Eclipse installation 2) upgrade EPF to the most recent Eclipse platform version and ideally it should not lag to much behind the most recent Eclipse platform version.

Best Regards,
Onno